The Benriach distillery is located near Elgin in Speyside, just
inbetween Linkwood and Longmorn. It was built in 1898 by John Duff, who
had constructed the Longmorn distillery a year earlier. Although the
Benriach distillery itself was mothballed between 1900 and 1965, its
floor maltings remained in constant production during this period. They
provided malted barley for the nearby Longmorn distillery.